Thursday, April 2, 2009

Testimony 5


This is the continuing offering of one man’s testimonies experienced over a fifty year span. Read, enjoy, be inspired or at the least, be interested.

“While reading Isaiah one afternoon I was surprised as the passage I was reading suddenly slipped apart leaving a blank spot on the page. Some words fell in the blank spot saying “in the last days there would be smoke trails across the skies.” As I read those words the Holy Spirit engulfed me in power, and I did not feel disposed to go on with my reading. (Ed.: What passage?)

As I basked in the Holy Spirit, it suddenly came to my mind the same passage of Isaiah was in the Book of Mormon, and I wondered what it would say in that book. I found the passage in the BOM and it too parted as in the Bible. The same words fell into the blank spot. “In the last days there would be smoke trails across the sky.” Then to my surprise the sentences parted again and some more words fell into the new blank spot.
It now read “in the last days there would be smoke trails across the sky, and there would be tall columns of smoke rising high into the sky with fervent heat so intense beneath, it would melt the elements out of the rocks.”

I suppose I was marveling more at the experience than at the message. The next day I thought to go on with my reading and start where I had left off the day before. And the very same thing happened, one line in the Bible, two in the BOM, accompanied by the same Holy Spirit in great power.

Even on the third day I received the same experience in power. On the fourth day I had some errands to do, I left myself a lot of time between errands so found myself with twenty minutes to wait between appointments. I thought to lay myself across the front seat of my car and rest for the moment.

As I looked I through the windshield I saw con trails covering the whole sky, possibly fifty or more. I began to think if I were alive in the days of Isaiah, and was told to report what I was seeing, not having the vocabulary of today, I would have reported that which I was looking at as smoke trails.

The Holy Spirit immediately bore witness confirming the thought. (Ed.: How?)

So it is, “in the last days there would be smoke trails across the sky, and there would be tall columns of smoke rising high into the sky with fervent heat so intense it would melt the elements right out of the rocks. You will remember this testimony, every time you see a con/smoke trail across the sky, every time you see on TV, rockets, jets, and bombs exploding. I later learned the military was having maneuvers over Kansas City that day.
When carnally minded men brush off the thought these are truly the last days, I have to think if they only knew.

None of us was offered more than three score and ten. Is it the end of our days or the end of this dispensation of time? Which comes first hardly matters if we are prepared.”

You may anticipate another testimony next Thursday. Questions may be submitted and comments may be directed to Hartley at one70maxim@aol.com for his consideration.

In His abiding love,

Cecil Moon

Please read the Editor's disclaimer on the left side of the page.

No comments: