Sunday, November 2, 2008

Stop Killing Babies!

How does one come to grips with 40,000,000 unborn babies? I listen to this pundit and the other and they all seem to have a somewhat different opinion about what the candidates have as their primary thrust. Some say it’s the economy, some claim it’s the war, others claim it’s about taxes. My first, foremost, and final concern is the lives of the unborn.

As you know by now, I have five children, twenty grandchildren, and odds and ends of in-laws and “used to be’s” which I still consider a significant part of our extended family. Each one of these individuals is precious to me. I cannot imagine making the “choice” to not have any of them.. Each one is an integral part of the whole which we call; family. When personal disaster strikes and for whatever reason one ceases to be present, it causes me to grieve. I trouble God for the reasons for an individual’s departure whether it be by reason of death, divorce, alienation or what have you. In the midst of the pain of their loss I often ponder how anyone could willingly cause the death of any one for any reason.

I have been privileged in my life to know many people in the health care field. Although sometimes critical of their methods and their tendency to over treat I must confess that each of them genuinely sought to provide their best to whoever their patient might have been. They were dedicated to making everything whole. They, to an individual, sought the best in their power to restore good health, sometimes in the face of unconquerable odds. I strongly object to them being forced, in many cases against their will, to participate in the genocide of America’s youngest, most vulnerable citizens.

I confess to extreme intolerance of any person who would “lead” our country with this issue as a centerpiece of his campaign. Abortion is murder! Not only does our law prevent the premeditated taking of life, it is also a cornerstone of the instructions we have received from our scriptures. What part of “thou shalt not kill” do these people not understand? The cowardly attempt to shroud the issue in euphemisms like “choice” is not acceptable. Make your decisions on Tuesday based on the reality of the situation; they want to kill the children. They have killed the children. They wish to kill more of the children.

Even if Obama were everything which he claims to be and all my other fears—and they are many—were baseless, the abortion issue would be the deal breaker for me. I have written negatively about many other facets of his plans and associations but they shrink to insignificance when compared to the vile continuation of the murder of the unborn.

He has made no effort to downplay his eagerness to continue this policy. He has issued no denials of his position. He has not even tried very hard to soften the issue in platitudes and false promises. It is a promise which enthralls his base and lacking it would be a disaster for his hopes.

It is unpleasant to talk about but it is necessary. I have found that I have a voice to converse with complete strangers about it. I am not always received well and frankly I don’t care. This is matter which is far too important to ignore. If we can make one person fully understand this issue then it is my belief that we have an obligation—no a duty—to do just that.

This has occupied my mind since the beginning and I find myself encountering precious little children everywhere I go and shudder to think that we could possibly been deprived of their presence because of “choice.” It is a resource we cannot afford to ignore. It’s not that we need these tots for their numbers or other purposes; we need them to keep us focused on what this life is all about. If any man can ignore or for that matter encourage the deaths of 40,000,000 how could he possibly be entrusted with the well-being of over 300,000,000 others? This is serious stuff. We are morally obligated to do everything in our power, no matter how slight in the big picture, to prevent this travesty.

In His abiding love,

Cecil Moon

No comments: