Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Man’s Best Friend and Trust

  
For those with beloved pets, this picture will raise all sorts of individual emotions and responses. For me, it was a surety that the soldier and his dog had achieved an astonishing level of mutual trust and affection. I am extremely proud of both of them for their duty and shared respect in getting the job done. Take a look.


I can’t imagine what would provoke me to jump out of a perfectly good airplane in the first place. Regardless of the outcome, he couldn’t be in better company. These two are making this jump over Afghanistan but we are not informed of their purpose or eventual mission. A big hat tip to Knowledge is Power for the picture.

I have been privileged for my lengthy years to have had many similar sized companions to share my adventures. Each provokes a warm recollection of their nobility. My current best buddy, Maggie, (a Rottweiler/red bone hound mix) was a “walk-on” about three years ago to replace my beloved yellow Lab, Ashley. It would appear that God does not want me to be “dog-less.”

This is Maggie and this renegade is GUS lurking under the sofa. He barks and she bites which I view as a fair division of labor. At 65 and 14pounds respectively they are a handful and the kind of pals who keep an old man young.

Again, congratulations to the young man and his dog who spend their time in the defense of liberty for all of us.


In His abiding love,

Cecil Moon

No comments: