Sunday, April 19, 2009

What a Day!



Let’s have a quick look at the Tea Party in Springfield, MO on Sat. April 18. The forecast was for an 80% chance of thunderstorms but about 2000 of us didn’t pay any attention and went anyway. These people are serious. The event was “sponsored” by radio station KSFG (1260AM) and guided by their early morning guy, Vincent David Jericho. He was also the master of ceremonies at the event.

Since it was my third in as many days, I was a little more blasé about my timing and just barely made it in time. I had also “tuned” my display material a little and was still fiddling with it when I should have been on the way.

Since the recent reading of the bulletin from the Department of Homeland Security and the revelation that I am now officially classified as a “right-wing extremist” (I’m against abortion, illegal immigration, and insane spending and not incidentally, a dangerous trained veteran) I felt that was an issue I needed to address. I took a 100 yd. small bore rifle target and put my newly acquired title in the two outer rings in red capital letters and stapled it to a black leather vest to give the new oppressive authorities a clear target. These folks need all the help they can get.

Although I lack a picture of the new edition of display material there is a video available at this site to see some of the other signs which I carry. You may have to register to see it and do a little navigating to the video section. Wait for the Pepto-Bismol commercial to finish. Look for the one entitled “Springfieldians gather for the second tea party.”

The two hour rally featured many inspired speakers and an extremely enthusiastic crowd totally consumed with the actions of the current congress and administration. As is typical, the crowd was friendly, well behaved, courteous and widely diverse. Mutual consideration was the absolute rule. After attending three of these I can only conclude that it is possible to raise a protest without foul language, physical violence, law enforcement intrusion, or any of the other plagues so visible on demonstrations from the left. No child was ever safer than at this Tea Party and there were plenty of kids of all ages; and dogs. Unlike our first lady this was not the first time I have ever been proud of America but I have never been prouder.

Two hours and twenty minutes after I arrived, I wandered back to the car and as I sat down inside, the sky opened and the advertised storm arrived. It was a dilly. God is good! It rained nearly all the way home (fifty miles) and only stopped after I parked and gathered my things to go inside.

It has been reported that the president was asked what he thought of the events that occurred in hundreds of cities nationwide on tax day. He responded that he was “unaware” of these going on. This leaves me to draw from a choice of conclusions: he is either clueless, ill-advised, or a liar. None of these options gives me any comfort.

I shall repeat my advice: if you have a chance to attend one of these gatherings, do so. You will be rewarded with an experience which is unbelievably uplifting. You will meet people who love their country, their families, and share serious concerns over the state of the nation. Most of all, you will discover that you are not the only one who feels as you do.

In His abiding love,

Cecil Moon

No comments: