Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Church of Believers

The following post was submitted by our friend Patricia Ragan. Read it carefully. Read it twice if you have to; it's powerful. Thank you, Trish.

Some of us keep in contact by email. We are not a branch. We are people at various stages of spiritual learning trying to discuss what we see happening. Some of us are the walking wounded, having felt the fiery darts of Satan, as shot at us by other "saints." It is our goal to stick to the scriptures as our guide, and feast upon the words of Christ. If we are not wearing and using our Ephesians 6 armor, we are going to DIE, a spiritual death. I see us as picking up the wounded as we see them fall, and offering a safe haven. But we are all wounded. We have all been traumatized by what we have seen happen to the church.

Our church is splintering as was foretold: The true church would have to flee into the wilderness. Nephi said that in the end there would be only two churches. One of Christ and the other of the devil. Jesus said, [Matthew 24:24] For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

This false church will have to be a mirror image of the true church, otherwise there is no way we could be deceived. If a false Christ waltzed into the Vatican, the elect would not be deceived. If the restoration is true, which I believe it is, then the false church—a unified and huge church—will have to look very much like the true one.

All this unity that man tries to arrange is a unity among people, and other churches, not a union with Christ. When we, as individuals, are one in Christ, then we will be one with others, who are also one in Christ. The reconciliation, that is often spoken of, is not some massive movement of churches asking forgiveness from other churches. It is an individual being reconciled to Christ. It's all about Jesus. It's all about falling in Love with the King of Kings, Lord of Lords.

I believe that God restored his church, but that it was weakened very early, and that much of what we have today is merely a structure of what it should have been. The following revelation and warning was given in 1834:

[Sec 100:2a] But verily I say unto you, that I have decreed a decree which my people shall realize, inasmuch as they hearken from this very hour, unto the counsel which I, the Lord, their God, shall give unto them.
[Sec 100:2b] Behold, they shall, for I have decreed it, begin to prevail against mine enemies from this very hour, and by hearkening to observe all the words which I, the Lord their God, shall speak unto them, they shall never cease to prevail until the kingdoms of the world are subdued under my feet; and the earth is given unto the saints, to possess it for ever and ever.
[Sec 100:2c] But inasmuch as they keep not my commandments, and hearken not to observe all my words, the kingdoms of the world shall prevail against them, for they were set to be a light unto the world, and to be the saviors of men;
[Sec 100:2d] and inasmuch as they are not the saviors of men, they are as salt that has lost its savor, and is thenceforth good for nothing but to be cast out and trodden under foot of men.

It looks to me as though the world prevailed against the church, not the other way around.

I think we HAVE started our trek into the wilderness. I think there are true believers throughout the world, throughout many different denominations who have heard the call of Christ--who have answered, and to the best of their ability, have obeyed. The true believers have had that baptism of fire and spirit.

The baptism of the Spirit, as described in 2 Nephi 13 and 14 is a life-changing event. Our lives, afterward, are never the same. They can't be. We have been awakened; we have felt the breath of God. I have NEVER heard a sermon about 2 Nephi 13 & 14. Priesthood that I've talked to are afraid of it. We need priesthood who boldly go to Christ and ask for knowledge about this experience. Those priesthood become the TRUE priesthood when they have experienced this baptism of fire.

I am not a “Pentecostal.” I've never spoken in tongues or been "slain in the spirit." I don't seek "manifestations." I am someone who cried out to God and banged on his door asking questions. I wanted to KNOW Him. Like Enos, I cried unto Him until I felt his forgiveness come over me as a cool, fresh breeze. When I read His Word, it is alive. I love to read the scriptures. They wrap themselves around me in love and peace and joy.

I see the bickering and fighting becoming more and more harsh until the Anti-Christ, or false Christ arises. I'm beginning to see the picture: Those who give their lives to this dictator, will live in an imposed peace—a satanic peace because they will have handed over their agency to him. Then they will say "Peace and Safety." Isn't that what Satan wants, to force us to love, not God, but himself, as the "most high."

The only true peace, my brother, is the peace of Jesus Christ—the peace that passeth understanding—the peace we have in Him. When His law is written in our hearts, We are written in his palms. In His Law we find His comfort.

Patricia Ragan

No comments: