Thursday, May 28, 2009

Testimony 12



This is the last (latest?) of Hartley’s testimonies for now. I questioned that it is the last inasmuch as the Lord will determine when the last will come. It is number twelve because two of the prior testimonies were combined. We are grateful to have been able to share these with you and our thanks go to Elder Hartley Stanbridge for furnishing them.

“Over the last fifty years I have accumulated over three hour of testimony one on one, with the Holy Spirit.

When the Lord puts His hand on your shoulder and shows you the hearts and minds of His people, with assurance and power, there is not much left with which to speculate. Let me paint two pictures for you.
In picture one, in Paradise; the Lord has set the Tree of Eternal Life, guarded by an angel with a fiery sword, who turns every which way.

In the second picture, your life is present and before you, an avalanche of intense color, opportunity, business, knowledge, taxes, cars, music and what we call the better life. These are things which carnal men’s hands have made.

Which picture captivates you?

The natural man is an enemy to God. [Mark 10:26] And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, who then can be saved?

[Mark 10:27] And Jesus, looking upon them, said, With men that trust in riches, it is impossible; but not impossible with men who trust in God and leave all for my sake, for with such all these things are possible.

[Mark 10:28] Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.

[Mark 10:29] And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake and the gospel's,

[Mark 10:30] But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

It is as difficult for us today as it was in ancient times. I do not mean to anger you, but scratch you a little. You are the steward of all the wisdom He has put to your charge. Do you have FAITH?

Can you imagine trying to access the tree of eternal life through stem cell research instead of through the gate to Paradise? Across the world others are getting ready to loose the fiery atomic bomb. I wonder which scientist will win?

This I suppose will be my last ‘testimony’ of the twelve, offered in this way. In my 78 years of association with the RLDS I have never seen or heard a testimony or a sermon, no matter how wonderful, that rallied the Lord’s people to Zionic participation. I have never found any “real intent” anywhere. Of the twenty most spiritual men I have met in my life, less than half would consider Zion an option.

Chosen men, wonderful men amongst you, forced to wait their turn, because of political and social concerns, the sacred hour by men’s design used up. One hour for a sermon; that is it. Let’s go home. For me to speak so openly without political and social boundaries must shock many people. In Independence I hoped to see a Holy City with a fiery wall around it, instead, according to law enforcement, the Meth capital of the US.

I wonder how many will be surprised in the day of final judgment?

Blessed are those men who carry the Holy Spirit whose wisdom and patience is greater than mine. At my age I have to speak in case I missed some opportunity along the way. You young people have books and passions, do not seem to need or want the old people’s lessons they have learned; a grave mistake indeed.

There are more than twelve testimonies in me, but you have your Scriptures. God is, was, and will ever be, His word is, and what not yet, will, become reality; read it until you understand it!

I believe on judgment day our minds will be in separably connected to Gods mind, every thought we ever had will be revealed to all. Thus it is written our sins will be shouted from the house tops. Posturing, pretending, keeping things going, or refusing the greater light will be all revealed.

Repentance without change, without action, to me is dangerous, be sober, be thoughtful and;
God Bless,

Hartley Stanbridge, Elder

If you feel led to share this testimony in any manner, please feel free to do so without specific permission. The usual rules apply; unedited and an appropriate link.”

I know Hartley personally and see him as a “voice crying in the wilderness.” His frustrations are typical of those who care intently about the future of his brothers and sisters. Your faithful reading and consideration of his testimonies sheds a great light on your personal concern for others and Almighty God.

In His abiding love,

Cecil Moon

No comments: