Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Morning Rant 89


Send Her Packing!

There are those who say I should just let this go. It would be easier if Janet Napolitano would quit throwing fuel on the fire to further lower my opinion of her qualifications for the critical office she holds.

Ignoring governmental boards of inquiry, the secretary informed the world that the 9/11 terrorists crossed the border from Canada to perform their nefarious acts. Without a shred of evidence she chose to insult and defame our closest and most dependable friend in the world community to support an outrageous assertion.

In conversations with veteran groups this week she allegedly further apologized for her ill timed suggestion that we should be aware of returning veterans as potential “right wing extremists” supposedly susceptible to recruitment by home grown terrorist groups. The apology consisted of shifting the blame for her remarks to staffers and bad timing on the “Assessment.” The concept of defamation has escaped her mind. She has yet to recognize the wrong doing and hurtful result of her ill formed remarks to those she offended.

She further degraded her legal capabilities by acknowledging that she sees illegal border crossing as a civil and not a criminal matter. The appropriate statutes clearly delineate the criminal nature of illegal entry of aliens and it is amazing that she denies it. Perhaps a review of first year law school would be helpful.

She continues to use the usual partisan math to support her position. One verified veteran, acting alone, out of 23,000,000 known living returnees, did manage to do considerable damage to both life and property . Statistically that is a non-risk factor compared to the crime, costs, and social service burden created by the presence of illegal aliens who have also crossed our borders surreptitiously. By statutory requirement, each of these millions of people becomes a criminal at the moment of their crossing. Those factors constitute a measurable “man-made disaster.” I truly believe what she fears is that each of these noble men and women who have served the country and exposed themselves to danger have sworn an oath of allegiance to uphold the Constitution of the United States. Her partisan prejudice and demonstrated ignorance of U.S. law disqualifies her for further occupation of the vital government seat she holds.

I now know why my friends and family in Arizona were so happy to see her gone from that fair state. Apparently her service as attorney general and governor were insufficient to prepare her for the big leagues. On second thought, she is an ideal fit (with the exception of the secretary of defense) in that collection of miscreants that form the cabinet.

On A More Worthwhile Note

The mail box seems to be alive with heart-warming worthwhile material this weekend. This was sent by a friend of Jan’s whom she met while volunteering at the animal rescue shelter in Slidell, LA during the aftermath of Katrina. The woman and her friends (the critters) who are the subject of the story are absolutely amazing.

Once you have viewed the video you may wish to have more information. This open policy without cages is absolutely unique and I am certain has its own sets of problems. If you feel led, they tell you how you can help.

Why Go To Church?

This was sent by a friend of six decades who has recently been in touch. This is her message:

”A Church goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to church every Sunday. "I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have heard something like 3,000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them. So, I think I'm wasting my time and the pastors are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all."

This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor" column, much to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks until someone wrote this clincher: "I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals but I do know this: they all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today. Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!"

When you are down to nothing... God is up to something! Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible! Thank God for our physical and our spiritual nourishment.”

Britain Has Talent

I realize that I am covering you up with video today but each requires your full senses to be appreciated. I have referenced this type of programming before in the aspect of how empty I found it. In fact I once included watching one of these programs as being on my list of things which are the equivalent of torture.

I do believe their track record of disdain and cynicism makes their reaction to this individual all the more remarkable. She is such an unlikely candidate that the whole thing takes on a Cinderella mode which is welcome and thrilling.

If you haven’t experienced Susan Boyle, this is a must! I promise that it will set back prejudice, both yours and mine, for years. If you can bring Simon Cowell near to tears you have talent. (Ed.: I sent it to my cynical daughter in Albany and she cried all the way through it.)

And Finally

Life goes on; God is in our lives and makes it known. Witnessing the resurgent growth on the property is constant and continuing evidence of His omnipresence.

The newly planted grapes are enjoying exceptional growth. They are all fully leafed and already striving for their final destination; the roof of the deck. In just a week they have tripled their leaves and doubled in size.. It’s possible that the bag of manure I mixed into the soil has made a difference or maybe God decided to give me a break. He has before.

The week’s rare downside was the ten-penny nail I stepped on Thursday. A quick follow up at the emergency room for a tetanus shot and a prescription for the antibiotic, Cipro, should take care of everything except my embarrassment for the ignorance of leaving that nail exposed. I’ll live!

The birds have given me a respite from filling their feeder. The cats are upset because their targets are less frequent and warier. The birds do, however, grow more colorful by the day. Aint love grand? We have added an occasional male brown headed cowbird to the mix but no evidence of the female who looks like an overgrown sparrow. Both are in the 7” range. His body color is like fine black satin.

So, Bud and Jean, welcome to the family of Zion Beckons readers. May God bless you all.

In His abiding love,

Cecil Moon

No comments: