Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday Morning Rant 33

As I blundered along this weekend, checking blogs, news sources, sharing with other Saints and generally shopping for some good subject matter I found the mother lode.. It is a story of oppression, suppression of constitutional rights, and common sense gone out the window. Have they gone completely mad in the educational establishment?

The possession of the items listed below are a few of the reported ones which resulted in the suspension of the youngsters involved from public school. Please note that each is linked to the news source so you don’t have to take my word for it. They are as follows:

1. A butter knife

2. An empty disarmed grenade

3. A beeper

4. Kool Aid Mix

5. A squirt gun

6. A pen w/ a Glock logo

7. Mouth wash

8. A sketch of a gun?

9. A Sharpie® pen

10. A ham sandwich

11. Snowballs

12. An emergency road side kit

13. A pointed (finger) and saying “bam”

By now I hope you have checked out a few of them and possibly joined me in an absolute fit of outrage. To make this readable, I checked out each and every one to transfer the URL codes. After each, I thought that it couldn’t continue to get more ridiculous with the next one. I was wrong. There is apparently no end to the insanity which is extant in the public school systems. These incidents have no geographic focus. They entail all ages of students as well as gender, and, I suspect, race. The only thing they have in common is excessive control and bureaucratic nonsense. They all illustrate a complete lack of understanding on the part of educators, of youngsters as a group and certainly as individuals.

I thank God each and every day for my family and their insistence on home schooling. It comes at a very great price but it is also accompanied by a huge reward.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Over the last few months I have been able to worship with the Saints in Miami, Oklahoma, at least twice a month. It’s 140 miles round trip and I don’t mind the time, but the current price of fuel combined with accelerating prices curbs my activity. I speak on the phone with fellow believers about three or four times a week and of course on the internet daily. On those Sundays I don’t go to Oklahoma, I seek a Christian environment here and worship with other protestant churches.

It has been an enlightening experience to be with them, observe, sometimes participate and enjoy their welcoming spirit. I have also heard some outstanding speakers. This morning, the pastor, Lee Parsons of Fellowship Baptist Church in Aurora, used Matthew 7:22 & 23. “Repent, therefore, and enter ye in at the straight gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction, and many there be who go in thereat. (23) Because straight is the gate, and narrow is the way that leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”

His quick interpretation was something I hadn’t heard from a pulpit in years. His essential message was that the road to hell is wide and easy. On the other hand the other path is not so easy and is extremely narrow. The preacher went on for a fascinating half-hour making sure that his flock understood the difference, and felt free to call a “spade a spade.” He pulled no punches about the difficulties found in following Christ. He made no wild promises about ease and comfort in the process. His primary concern was the destination and encouragement to make the journey as fulfilling as possible. Although serious and straightforward, I rejoiced to hear him make his appeal with such obvious relish.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is a temptation to comment on the recent “conference” in Independence. Although I have many who report frequently, I shall defer any further observations until I have a great deal more information. In the meantime I continue to encourage you all to pray for the strengthening of Jesus Christ’s Church.

In His abiding love,

Cecil Moon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suppose this is how to leave a comment. You gave me a card with this web address on it months ago and I have looked at times at your blog here. I attended the recent JCRB conference and thought it was very good. I think the seventies are within their rights and are following the leadings of the Spirit of God. You briefly mentioned the conference in this post so I am responding. Thanks. Steve Marshall