Friday, January 4, 2008

Update

For those hangers-on who have been so faithful to this blog, I feel the need to update you in Cec's absence. He is still in Lisle, IL, with his brother Craig and wife, Lynne. The situation is very grave and it is now just a matter of time. Having been a hospice nurse I know exactly what is going on there. Constant monitoring, turning, repositioning, cleaning, dealing with agitation, restlessness, pain, medication through a dropper, trying to urge water down his throat without choking him, wondering if he should have water at all. It's one thing to do it when you're a nurse. When it's your loved one it's agonizing. I did it with my father when he opted for home hospice instead of yet one more test. My constant prayer is that Cec and Lynne will have the strength to do what has to be done and that God will use this situation to bring us all closer to Him. When you're in the middle of it, the light at the end of the tunnel does look like an oncoming train. Someone once said, "Don't doubt in the dark what God has shown you in the light."

Thank you for your continued prayers and may God's light shine upon you.

Jan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cecil and Jan,
My heart goes out to all of you.
For Craig, my prayer is God's peace and mercy to end suffering.
For Lynne, my prayer is God's assurance that Craig is embraced in Love's arms.
For Cecil, my prayer is that in this moment God is understood to be God.
For Jan, my prayer is the sense of presence in the midst of absence. I know it is hard to not be there.

Lifting these prayers and the will of God even now. May God's peace rain down on all of you.
Your brother in Christ,
Matt Lowry