Sunday, October 14, 2007

Monday Morning Rant (9)

Since I won’t be available to vent my views for a week or so, you’ll just have to wait. I have twenty grand kids including five in Las Vegas and six in Tucson. It’s been far too long since we have gotten together. Now is the time. Since I don’t have a lap-top and I’m driving, I will be (blessedly) relieved of my responsibility for a short time. But rest assured, when I get home I should have plenty to say.

Happily, a couple of these kids are being home schooled. Their parents are very active Christians and that means they are in a parochial school. I am much relieved they are free from the influences of a public education. They will also be free to fail, to achieve, and to learn as a result. They will be exempt from the warped “modern” ideas promoted by the NEA and the government. The emphasis will be shifted to the three R’s and morality rather than a focus on political correctness and diversity. They will be able to call on the Greatest Teacher to enhance their learning. Rejoice with me on this one.

What about those less fortunate who have to endure the curricula proffered by agenda driven bureaucrats and the peace at any price crowd. Many families are not in a position, either financially or intellectually to follow this path. School vouchers are not universally available either. Are we prepared to step in and supplement their “educations” with real experience and hard won knowledge? Will we be there to correct the misinformation, the Darwinism, the cultural clap-trap and the rest of the ideological brainwashing which is perpetrated by the educational establishment? As a grandparent, I feel a keen obligation to assist my children, if they wish, to provide additional insights for their use in the little ones' development. My only wish is that they were closer.

Since I will be on the road, I would appreciate your prayers. I’ll see you in about ten days.

In His abiding love

Cecil Moon

No comments: